Items needed for the above integration to work as shown below:
1) Broadlink RMPRO (To control your house devices. Purchase separately)
You can purchase here (BROADLINK RMPRO LINK), setup to control your house devices (Eg: Lights, curtain, blind, windows, TV, Sound system, LED strips, stand light, Fan, cooker, kettle...etc) via RF / Infra-Red.
2) An android device (Eg: Android tv box. Purchase separately)
You need to install an app on your android device (USD 6.49. Purchase separately). It work as a bridge between Apple Siri, Home Kit Apps and Broadlink RMRPO. For your convenience, you can consider the android Biidi Tv Box that sell here (LINK). It was tested to work with the app.
3) A wireless bridge (9.7cm * 7cm)
It work as a bridge between Apple Siri & Home Kit Apps and the above android device.
How it works?
(Apple Siri & Home Kit Apps) <----> (Wireless Bridge) --->(Android Device) ---->(Broadlink RMRPO)
Apple Siri & Home Kit Apps discover devices being added on the wireless bridge. Whenever Apple Siri is being triggered via voice to activate certain device, a http request is being fire from wireless bridge to Broadlink RM Tasker Plugin app on android device. Follow by Broadlink RM Tasker Plugin app communicate with Broadlink RMPRO accordingly via released android API library.
How to use? What this integration can do / achieve?
- You can use wake word "Hey Siri" to activate Apple iOS supported devices, follow by saying "Turn on xxxx" or "Turn off xxxx" to turn on/off your house devices. XXXX is the device name that you had setup/configured on wireless bridge.
- You can also trigger scene (a series of actions) by saying "Siri, Turn on YYYY" / "Siri, Turn off YYYY". YYYY is the scene name that you had setup / configured on wireless bridge.
- You can trigger device on/off and scene via Home Kit supported app (eg: Apple iOS10 Beta Home app, myTouchHome, Insteon+ or Lutron) on your iOS devices.
(Example as shown in the above video)
Don't know how to setup / make it work?
If you are not a geek and also like to do this for your Broadlink RMPRO system, we also offer the pre-setup wireless bridge here
Wireless Bridge (Support Amazon Echo, Apple Siri, Apple Home Kit Apps and Google Home)
This complete solution come with a wireless bridge with power adapter and pre-loaded software for communication with Apple Siri, Home Kit Apps and Broadlink RMPRO. We will provide a details setup guide (pdf format) and offline remote support via email or instant messenger (eg: Whatsapp, Skype, WeChat, QQ).
If you required on-site setup and coaching (Singapore Island Wide Only), separate professional service charges apply. Thank
"There is no limit for home automation,you are only bound by your own imagination."